North Carolina Marketing Solutions = SCAM!

Toronto, Ontario 10 comments

Total scam.I worked there for 2 months and just quit after being totally fed up with all the BS they feed you.

You do DOOR TO DOOR sales, not "face to face marketing." They interview is very deceptive and they avoid all direct questions about sales. They say you will make "$300-600" for the first month, and "$800-1200" per week after that. It is total BS, you will make around $200 or less your first 3 weeks and around $600 the weeks after that if you are successful.

There is about a 1% chance of you actually advancing through their so called "management training program." Also, this company recruits and interviews about 10 people a day, that should tell you something.It is a glorified pyramid scheme, just do yourself a favor and stay away.

Review about: Att Uverse Sales.

Comments

Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States #708791

what a joke

Cary, North Carolina, United States #668554

totally right all that "opportunity of a lifetime" is ***.It's D2D sales.

Everything about the interview is misleading. From the adds, to the girl i spoke to on the phone, and what's said on the interview. The only reason I came in for my second was because I was totally confused about what we do because the man who did my interview talked so fast he made it sound normal. Benefit of being a sales man?

Probably. The only part of the process that I didn't feel like I was being lied to was when I was taken out on my second round interview. Needless to say I was polite to the person who took me and even stuck it out for the 7 HOUR interview.

But I was DEFINITELY not interested in the position.It was a complete waste of my day when I could have been out looking for a REAL job.

Raleigh, North Carolina, United States #655593

NCMS- Also do not read any of the positive feed back on this site,they are all written by the administration and are not in the least bit truthful. They write a good comment for every bad comment written.

Raleigh, North Carolina, United States #655591

I worked for Southside consulting group which is a company that recruits under "North Carolina Marketing Solutions" this job is a complete joke.If you need to pay your bills and want a real job that actually takes skill and professionalism this is NOT the job for you.

It is B2B sales, with NO leads and you use your own gas money to drive to your territory which could be up to an hour away. They will tell you the average person makes $400-$600 a week doing this job, but that is NO where near the truth, it is a commission only job and the sales in this area are few and far between. The average person makes $200 and that's after 1 week of training and not getting paid for it. They do not pay for your training because they know you will quit.

The boss of this company who is still very young and inexperienced, likes to flash his money in your face and brag about all the money he is making when he is just making a huge chunk of money from your pay check, money that you could be making. I worked for this company a lengthy amount of time and I saw over 50 people, get hired and quit this job. Do not take this job, unless you are living with your parents and have NO bills to pay.

This job is only good for someone who wants to build their resume, nothing else.The likelihood of you succeeding in this business is slim-to-none.

to just telling you the truth #817700

Couldn't agree more, the manager/"president" is a complete JOKE

You would think that if you have a good personality and good selling skills that you would be okay in the system.I agree with Htg122 though.

Never worked there personally but buddy a lot of companies work in this manner, even jobs in restaurants and retail it helps to have sales skills.

You might need to find yourself a different kind of job.Not everyone is the same fortunately and we all have things we are good at :grin

Wilmington, North Carolina, United States #597036

First off I think u were miss informed of how things work there..I worked there for 6 months and left for a family emergency out of state..

I'd like to comment on a few of your comments first its not face to face marketing... Meeting customers at their house 1 on 1 is face to face and sales are very much a part of marketing.. It sounds like you weren't cut out for the position.. And when an employer tells you a range of pay its called an average so it's possible to make more or less and in sales you have to have personality to make anything happen if you were there 2 months and made $200 a week clearly u have no personality since the product Uverse is far superior to cable service therefore only requiring a basic understanding of the features and getting the customer to like you to buy from you..

Everyone I would recommend forming you own opinion of their opportunity and the process before jumping to conclusions.. Just because it wasn't right for that person doesn't mean you should throw away an opportunity.. Consider the skills you develop and learn from meeting with different people and learning how to influence other people.. This program is great and the skills I learned there will be useful the rest of my life..

As for being a glorified pyramid scheme it doesn't even follow the criteria to be a pyramid scheme.. It's called networking marketing look it up and you will see how it differs from the pyramid schemes you should be careful of.. Plus...

Just and FYI it's commission folks if your scared of having the potential to determine your income rather than have a company set your value this isn't for you..

Go to the interview get the information if its not for you cool but at least check it out before listening to people that failed and didn't want to work hard enough to earn something..Do the research with the company!

to Htg122 Walnut Creek, California, United States #661335

How long have you worked for them? Seems like you drank the kool aid

to Htg122 Stone Mountain, Georgia, United States #662793

:( Shut up

Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States #708791

what a joke

Cary, North Carolina, United States #668554

totally right all that "opportunity of a lifetime" is ***.It's D2D sales.

Raleigh, North Carolina, United States #655593

How long have you worked for them? Seems like you drank the kool aid

to Htg122 Stone Mountain, Georgia, United States #662793

:( Shut up

to Htg122 Raleigh, North Carolina, United States #700641

I just got a call from a recruiter from South Side Consulting Group.She asked me if I was interested in the opportunity.

I said yes. I then asked what the day to day tasks/activities were. She completely avoided the question. She said that "that's the kind of thing that her manager would like to discuss with me in a quick 20 minute interview".

She also said that the manager would discuss compensation with me. Any company that discusses compensation in the first interview is generally a joke. Any educated person understands that. This is part of NCMS (North Carolina Marketing Solutions).

I actually interviewed with NCMS a couple of years ago. It was a complete joke. I found out that I would be selling cable packages inside a Best Buy. I am sure that "South Side Consulting" was created because North Carolina Marketing Solutions needed to re-brand themselves because they were exposed for what they really are.

Any positive review you read about them was most likely written by NCMS administration. If you believe otherwise, you are a ***. Don't use the internet anymore. I'm not joking.

DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY OR ANY SUBSIDIARY CREATED TO REVAMP THEIR HORRIBLE IMAGE! If you like being played for a fool, go ahead and give it a shot. If contacted by one of their recruiters, ask about the job description. They won't tell you.

Any legitimate company will provide a job description/specification upfront.

That is HR 101.The...